You’ve done your research and decided—you need a new sign. But what exactly comes next? What are the questions you should ask? It’s common to feel uncertain about the process and what you need to know before choosing your sign partner.
Typically our sign process begins when an individual reaches out for a consultation and in this blog post, we’ll walk you through the initial steps in the process that follow. We’ll cover the questions you can expect from our team, questions you should always ask, and the process moving forward.
Questions We'll Ask You
During the consultation, our team will ask a few questions to get a better understanding of the project.
- What is the name of your business? This question may seem obvious but it does help our team with getting a feel for your company’s brand when starting the design process.
- What type of project is this? Knowing if you’re looking for a full sign package, a rebrand, a refresh, and if it’s interior or exterior will help our team prepare for a site survey.
- Where is your business located? This question helps us research city codes and identify if there is more than one location included in this project.
- What is your sign budget? We always want to stay within the budget our clients provide but this also allows our team to envision the scope of work so we can set clear and reasonable expectations when moving forward.
- Who is the main point of contact or decision-maker? Clear communication is important to our team. We pride ourselves on bringing value and knowledge to the table from start to finish.
Questions to Ask During the Sign Consultation
You’ll also be able to ask a few questions during the consultation to learn more about the company and the process.
- What is an appropriate time frame for the project?
- How collaborative is the design process?
- What comes next?
Our Process and What Comes Next
When it comes to the sign process, it’s helpful to know what to expect and how to prepare. After our consultation, we start initial designs and city code research. We want to make sure we’re aligned with your company branding and city restrictions for the type of project required. We also conduct a site survey to get an up-close view of the project landscape. We’ll present our initial project designs and move forward with fabrication and installation.
Our sign process is very collaborative, we keep our customers involved each step of the way. We've learned that having as much information at the beginning leads to a successful project. And a successful project means our customer is thrilled with the outcome. If you're ready for a consultation on your next sign project contact us today!